Fitted Kadee couplers to a Powerline S car belonging to him.
Drilled, modified and fitted the first turnout and point motor in the scenic section.
Laid the fiddle yard tracks.
Below are some photos of the fiddle yard as completed. It is a 7 track yard. The fiddle yard tracks (from right to left (operator side to viewing side) are:
Walker / Derm Siding
Spare / Railmotor 2
Railmotor Replacement
Mixed Goods 1
Grain 1
Grain 2
Mixed Goods 2
The fiddle yard board is 1.8m long, and the longest siding (Mixed Goods 1) is 1.45m long. The first two photos show the fiddle yard as empty, and the second two show it with some of the rolling stock on it.
I also spent some more time on Skipton by myself in the evening, after my mate left. I managed to lay most of the track on the first scenic board, and I also fitted 3 of the 4 point motors on the board.
This was before I sustained an injury and had to come inside. I dropped a drill, and the drill bit hit my hand, giving me a nice big cut on my thumb. Thus the 2-Injury Rule (if I get injured twice after 7pm, I go inside, as it means my reaction time is slowing down and thus I am getting tired) was invoked, so the locomotives were packed up, and I came inside. But not before I got some photos! The photos below show the state of play on the layout just before I packed up the locomotives.
All track except the turntable road was laid (this needs to be left until I have the ashpit back, and until I cut out the turntable pit), and the point motors for 1-Turntable Road, 1-2 Road and 2-3 Road were fitted, only leaving the motor for the kick-back siding (Stock Road) to be fitted. This will be fitted sometime tomorrow. The point motors are fitted using velcro (I learnt that this could be done on the internet yesterday. This way they can be adjusted and easily removed/refitted as required).
That's all for now. I will be heading out either tomorrow or on the weekend to collect some wiring supplies from Jaycar. I'm hoping to wire up the fiddle yard on Sunday, and lay the track on the last board on the work-day on Monday. With any luck, the first train will be running on Thursday (if I can get enough of the wiring done).
Peter








No comments:
Post a Comment