Friday, 7 April 2017

Update 07 04 2017

No photos from today as it was mainly behind-the-scenes.
I went out to Jaycar, and purchased some wiring supplies, namely 4 terminal blocks, 2 mounted LEDs, to determine whether track and point motor power is on, and two sets of 9-pin plugs, for the wiring connection between Board 2 and Board 3. As there are no point motor wires going from the fiddle yard board, that will use a set of terminal block plugs.

I also fitted the last point motor on the centre board, and wired up and tested two of the motors on the fiddle yard. These are baseboard mounted Peco motors. The wiring works, and they have been secured in place. I have a video (below) of the point motors being tested, with 31RM for motive power. Sorry about the poor quality (phone video).


Tomorrow I won't be able to get any work done, as have a busy day, but I'm hoping to do some more wiring (possibly get the fiddle yard wired up) on Saturday, and complete track laying on Monday (minus the copper sleepers for baseboard joints).

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment