Tuesday, 7 March 2017

T320 Arrives!!

My latest model arrived in the post yesterday. This is a model of T320 in VR Blue and Gold, made by Bendigo Rail Models. This model was purchased second-hand, and has some nice weathering applied by the previous owner to the valence, chassis, and pilots.

T320 and T333 will be the only diesels I have for Skipton for a while now, as I am planning on saving up for some steam locomotives. This decision is a result of my decision to change the era for Skipton , which was originally going to be from 1955 to 1965. The new era will be from 1955 to 1960. On the plus side, it means there are less variations and classes to buy (as by 1965 the first Y classes had been delivered, along with 3rd to 5th order T classes). I will probably get a 2nd order T, as they were all in service by the end of 1959, however as the only available model is by Precision Scale Models, costs $1500 (as much as a steam engine), I would rather put the money towards buying a steam loco. Along with this, it isn't DCC ready, and I run DCC. The change of era also means I will have more funds available to purchase steam locomotives. In terms of steam locomotives, in the long run I am hoping to have a mix of D3, D4, J, K, N and Y classes. In the short term, I would like to get a D3 and either a J or N.

Below are some images of T320, and a couple showing it next to T333 for comparison -

 T320 leading T333 light-engines. 
 T320 front on view. 
 T320 side-on view. This shows the weathering applied to the valance and underframe. A small amount of weathering is visible at the bottom part of the sides.
 T320 and T333, showing the difference in the bogies, and the stripe. T320s stripe and logo is actually far more of a gold colour, whereas 333 has more of a yellow coloured stripe and logo.
 T320 and T333 again.
 Cab-end view of T320 and T333, showing the difference between the handrails. Of note is the fact that the yellow (gold) on T320 ends closer to the VR logo than on T333.
 Partial side-on view of T320 and T333
 End view of T320 and T333, again showing the difference in the handrails. 
 Top side view of 320 and 333. There are no differences between the two on the top.
Side-on view of both T320 and T333. This image shows the contrast between the thin gold stripe applied to 320, and the thick yellow stripe applied to 333.


That's all for now. I have fitted the barrel bolts to the two main baseboards, and I hope to have the legs all cut down to size and fitted by the weekend. 

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment